interlibrary Loan (ILL) Rules
Borrowing for Patrons
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is designed to get you the item you want even if the Greenwood Public Library does not own it. You request the item through us, we will get it from another library, and then you will pick it up at GPL. Please read through the following guidelines to better understand this service:
- You must have a valid GPL Evergreen card to use this service (fines under $10, etc.).
- Don't forget to check the library catalog to see if GPL already owns the item or if another library in the Evergreen the consortium owns it--you may be able to get it that way.
- ILL is for materials that were published/released at least six months ago--you can request the library purchase newer items by contacting the appropriate department or using the Request Materials form.
- Materials generally arrive within 2-4 weeks from date requested.
- You can have up to 5 active requests at a time.
- This service is free--the library assumes the shipping costs for all materials.
- Books, large print books, audiobooks, music CDs, and videos can be requested. NOTE: Many libraries do not lend Feature films and TV series to other libraries but we can still try to get them for you.
- The length of the loan period is determined by the lending library, not GPL.
- No renewals allowed. You are responsible for returning the item on time and will be charged fines if you are late, return the item damaged, or lose the item.
Please call the Reference Desk at 317-885-5036 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Lending for Libraries
The Greenwood Public Library (GPL) will loan out items from our collection on a case by case basis.
Items are loaned out for eight weeks including shipping time (with no renewals).
GPL does not charge a fee but the lending library must pay return shipping (if applicable).
Please call the Reference Desk at 317-885-5036 or email email@example.com with your request or for more information.