Job Search Engines
- Career Builder - A source for job opportunities & advice. Access career resources, personalized salary tools & insights.
- Monster Jobs - Monster is your source for jobs and career opportunities. Search for jobs, read career advice from Monster's job experts.
- Indiana Career Connect - Search the official career site for Indiana by zip code, city, metropolitan area, or county. Sponsored by WorkOne.
- Idealist - Idealist is an online resource for the nonprofit sector, with the information provided by 100,000 organizations around the world and 100,000 unique site visitors every day.
- Indeed - Indeed is an American worldwide employment website for job listings.
- LinkedIN - LinkedIn is an American business- and employment-oriented online service that operates via websites and mobile apps. The platform is primarily used for professional networking and career development, and allows job seekers to post their CVs and employers to post jobs
- SnagAJob -Find Hourly Jobs
- USA Jobs - The Federal Government's official employment site
- ZipRecruiter - is an online job marketing service that posts your job openings to over 40 sites, including Indeed and Monster.
Google Docs Template - Sign into your Google account, navigate to Drive or Docs. Click New, point at the arrow next to Google Docs, then click From a Template. Click a template you want and personalize the resume.
Indeed Free Resume Builder - Easy and Free Online Resume Builder. Create your resume in minutes with Indeed's free resume builder. Download it to your computer or use it to apply for any job on Indeed.
Microsoft Word Templates - Open Microsoft Word. Go to File, click New. Type resume into the search box. Click a template you want. Click Create to open the template and personalize the resume.
Resume Generator - This site guides the user through creating an electronic resume for free.
Career Guidance and Exploration
Bureau of Labor Statistics - Research wages by location, occupation, and industry.
Occupational Outlook Handbook - The Bureau of Labor Statistic's Occupational Outlook Handbook website offers information about careers including required training, expected earnings and the projected outlook.
O*NET OnLine - The O*NET Program is the nation's primary source of occupational information. The Occupational Information Network (O*NET) is developed under the sponsorship of the U.S. Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration
Job Hunter's Bible - Companion site for the book What Color is Your Parachute?
Best Job Interview - Comprehensive guide to preparing for and excelling in job interviews. Covers the basics of interviewing, tips for tough questions, behavioral interviews and questions to ask your prospective employer.
Job-Interview - This site helps out with the interview process by offering tips, guidelines, practice questions and practice interviews.
Central Nine Career Center - Central Nine Career Center is a community leader in career and technical education with almost 30 programs located right in here in Greenwood.
WorkOne Express Johnson County -Visit the Johnson County office for help with resumes, career planning, skills evaluation, and job searching. Free fax services are available as well.
(317) 736-5531 | 97 N Lovers Ln, Franklin, IN 46131 | Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Can I search for jobs on the library's computers?
Yes you can! The library has 12 computers for your job searching needs. Search for jobs online or type your resume. We also have free faxing and scanning if needed.
Do I need an email account to apply for jobs online?
For most online job sites you will need an email address. If you don't have one, you can sign up for a free account at Gmail (www.gmail.com) or Yahoo (mail.yahoo.com).
How do I upload my resume? Every job site will be a little different when it comes to uploading a resume. Make sure your resume is in the correct format, either a word doc or pdf. Copy and paste your resume. Click the "upload" or "upload resume" button. Select your resume file. Click the "upload" button again and save.
How do I attach my resume to an email? Each e-mail provider has a different procedure, but basically, when you send something along with an e-mail, it is called an "attachment". There is usually an icon that looks like a paper clip somewhere on the email you are composing.
What is the unemployment website?
Create an account or re-login at https://uplink.in.gov/CSS/CSSLogon.htm.