GPL 2021 Short Story Writing Contest
September 1st - October 15th
This fall we're celebrating writers by hosting a Short Story contest for all ages. Winners from each category will be announced at our Writers Night on November 9th.
- Kids - Ages 12 and under
- Teens - Ages 13-18
- Adults - Ages 18+
- Stories must be 2,000 words or less (not including the title)
- Submissions must be original and unpublished
- Fiction or nonfiction accepted
- Entries must be in good taste, easy to read, use proper grammar and punctuation, and correct spelling
- Stories will be judged blind by our group of judges following a set rubric. Please remove your name from the manuscript before submitting.
- Entries must be submitted through the online form. Emailed or mailed entries will not be accepted.
Submissions will be accepted beginning September 1, 2021.
Contact Valerie Holbrook by email or by calling 317-881-1953.