GPL 2021 Short Story Writing Contest
September 1st - October 15th
This fall we're celebrating writers by hosting a Short Story contest for all ages. Winners from each category will be announced at our Writers Night on November 9th.
- Kids - Ages 12 and under
- Teens - Ages 13-18
- Adults - Ages 18+
- Stories must be 2,000 words or less (not including the title)
- Submissions must be original and unpublished
- Fiction or nonfiction accepted
- Submissions should be typed using a 12pt font.
- Entries must be in good taste, easy to read, use proper grammar and punctuation, and correct spelling
- Entries must be in .doc or .docs format and must not include your name or any other identifying details. Your personal information should only be entered in the required fields on the submission form.
- Entries must be submitted through the online form by 11:59pm on October 15, 2021. Emailed or mailed entries will not be accepted.
- To view the Judging Rubric, please click here.
$50 Visa gift card to the winner of each age group
Contact Valerie Holbrook by email or by calling 317-881-1953.