Patrons with Evergreen GPL cards (green and blue colors) can stream 1,000s of audiobooks, TV episodes, music albums, films, eBooks and comics on their computers or download the same content to many smartphones and tablets from www.hoopladigital.com for FREE!
How It Works
1) Go to www.hoopladigital.com and click on Get Started in the middle of the page to set up your account. In future, you can log in at the top to access your account.
2) You can stream titles directly in your computer's browser (you may be prompted to download a Widevine Plug-In the first time) or you can get the hoopla app do download the titles to your smartphone or tablet for on the go use.
3) You can turn on the Kid Friendly mode in the app on your device by going to your settings.
You can checkout up to 8 items per month at this time. If you've used up all your checkouts in a month, you can favorite items to remember them the following month(s). Also, if the library's daily budget is reached and you can't check anything out one day, you can favorite items to remember them for the next day. The daily budget is reset at 7pm during winter and 8pm when Daylight Savings Time occurs spring-fall.
Audiobooks, eBooks, & Comics = 21 days
Music albums* = 7 days (doesn't include Sony music catalog)
*the same album can only be checked out 2 times/month
TV episodes & movies = 72 hours (a few are only 2 days)
streaming = You need a constant internet connection via wifi, DSL, cell, cable, etc.
download = You only need an internet connection when putting the app on your device initially and when you checkout a title. You can watch/listen to your title while on the go.
Need Some Help?
For questions about the new service and/or your Evergreen account, call the Reference Desk at 317-885-5036 or email us at email@example.com.
For technical assistance with hoopla, visit www.hoopladigital.com/support or log into your hoopla account and click on Contact Us at the bottom.
Compatible Devices (in addition to regular computers, Laptops, & Most Chromebooks):
- iOS devices running iOS 9.3.5 and above
- Android devices running Android 4.4 (Kit Kat) and above
- Amazon devices running Fire OS 5.0.0 and above
- Chromecast iOS and Android devices to the 1st and 2nd generation Chromecasts
- Apple TV Airplay on 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation Apple TV devices.
- Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV app for 4th generation devices, and Android TV coming soon
Find more information about devices and troublshooting, visit https://www.hoopladigital.com/help.