Adult Services Librarian, Part-time
On more than one occasion, librarians at the Greenwood Public Library have uttered the words, "I can't believe I get to do this every day." We've also argued over who can fit into a Pete the Cat costume and love to play the super fun game of "Do you think someone in the building will have a rather obscure object in their office?" Spoiler. Someone almost always does.
Greenwood Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic, and visionary leader to provide high-quality customer service to adults 25 hours per week. Your experience and ingenuity will be a vital part of our Adult Services team. If helping patrons find their next favorite read, collecting a thoughtfully curated collection, and planning smile-inducing programs is your passion, this might be the job for you.
Title: Adult Services Librarian
Location: Greenwood Public Library
Hours: Part-time (25 hrs/wk)
Schedule: Will include day, one evening per week, and the occasional Saturday
Starting Hourly Rate: Starting at $19.00/hr with benefits
A successful candidate will...
- Hold a Masters of Library Science (will consider library science student nearing completion of degree)
- Have a positive attitude toward public service and the desire to build a fun, creative, and collaborative environment as a member of a team
- Be able to navigate Microsoft Office including Teams, databases, and be comfortable trouble shooting issues with smart devices
What does the job look like?
- Creates and hosts programs for adults
- Assists patrons with various library services including finding library materials, recommending titles, placing requests, and referring to other community resources
- Assists patrons in using computers, digital services, databases, printers, and other equipment
- Assists patrons in the use of the library's maker space, The Studio, as needed
- Manages collection development duties for select areas in the Adult Nonfiction collection
- Participates on the library's Collector's and Programmer's teams
- Contributes to library promotions and social media efforts
- Creates and maintains displays and promotional materials as needed
- Records and reports statistics
Please email a letter of interest, resume, and 3 references to:
Donna Ciriello, Head of Adult Services
Position open until filled.