Get a Library Card
A Greenwood Public Library card can be obtained by anyone who resides or owns property in the Greenwood Public Library taxing district. Resident cards can be renewed every two years. (Click here for a map of the taxing district.)
Registering for a library card is a quick and easy process. In order to acquire a card, residents need to:
- Live in the Greenwood Public Library's taxing district
- Show photo ID and proof of current address
Click here for a list of accepted forms of identification.
Not a Resident? You can still get a card!
Those outside of the Greenwood Public Library taxing district have a few options:
- Card holders in good standing at the Johnson County Public Library or Edinburgh Public Library can receive a free reciprocal borrower's card which gives the cardholder access to the books and services offered within our building.
- A Non-Resident card can be purchased which gives the cardholder the same access as someone living within the GPL taxing district.
- A Public Library Access Card (PLAC) can be purchased which gives the cardholder access to all of the public libraries in the state of Indiana.
Click here for more information about the different types of cards.