Lending Policies at GPL
- Each patron may check out a maximum of 100 items (within that maximum you are allowed up to 10 DVDs)
- Most items check out for 21 days, with the exception of DVDs and magazines which are 7 day loans
- Items not returned 28 days after the due date will be considered LOST and a replacement fee (or replacement copy) for the material will be assessed
- A patron with a lost item will be blocked from checking out materials
- Each patron may have a maximum of 20 unfulfilled holds
- The library will no longer issue refunds for lost items that have been paid for and later returned
- 45 days after an item's due date, it is handed over to a collection agency
My Account: During the card registration process, a temporary, computer generated pin number/password will be given. At the initial login, patrons will be prompted to reset their password. This will allow library users to manage their accounts online. This feature of the system provides access to the catalog in order to search for materials, place holds, renew items, and check the overall status of their account.
Renewing Materials: While a receipt listing the due dates will be provided at each checkout (or emailed to you), patrons may also log onto their account and renew their materials one time per loaning period with the exception of ILL items, kits, and Lucky Day items. Patrons can also renew in person or by phone by calling 317-881-1953. Patrons will need to provide their library card number when renewing by phone. An item may not renew because:
- The item is on hold for another borrower
- The item has already been renewed
- The account has expired or needs to be updated
- The account is blocked due to a lost item
- The item is not eligible for renewals
Blocked Cards: If a patron has a lost item on their account, the account will be blocked and no renewals or checkouts can occur on the account until the lost item has been returned or replaced. Expired accounts are also blocked.
Holds/Requests: Holds may be placed by phone 317-881-1953, by visiting the library, or from our online catalog. Please be aware that there are some limitations on placing holds. Hold requests will remain on the holds shelf for seven days.
Lending policies at other Evergreen Libraries
Your Evergreen Indiana library card from Greenwood Public Library allows you to go to any Evergreen Indiana library in the state. However, please be aware that not all Evergreen Libraries are fine free. Please keep the following policies in mind:
- The fine for overdue items is 25 cents per item per day, up to $10 maximum per item.
- Cards exceeding the $10 fine threshold or with 15 or more overdue items will be blocked.
- All items will have a one-day grace period before fines are assessed.
- Evergreen Indiana fines can be paid at any Evergreen Indiana library.