volunteer @ GPl
We need your help! The Greenwood Public Library relies on the charitable work of adult volunteers to keep the library running smoothly and efficiently. If you are interested in offering your time at the library, continue reading!
Why do people volunteer at the library?
- They have an interest in the library.
- They are eager to support and enhance library services.
- They need to complete community service hours for school.
- They enjoy the satisfaction of helping others.
What does a volunteer do at the library?
The volunteer coordinators try to match up a volunteer's interests with available tasks. Volunteers assist the librarians by straightening shelves, helping with program preparation, assisting patrons at computers, shelving books, performing clerical duties, and cleaning a variety of print and audiovisual materials. Tasks may change on a daily basis, and the library appreciates the flexibility of its volunteer team.
As an Adult Services Volunteer you are expected to work at least 1 hour per week for four months. The volunteer schedule is divided among three sessions: Spring (Jan-Apr), Summer (May-Aug), and Fall (Sept-Dec). Due to the high interest in volunteering at the library, at the conclusion of a session, each volunteer must re-apply for a position. New applicants will be accepted first.
We accept community service requests on a case by case basis.
How do I become a volunteer?
- Pick up a volunteer application at the Adult Reference Desk, print one out here, or complete the online application.
- Return the completed application to the Adult Reference Desk on the second floor.
- The Volunteer Coordinator will review your application and will contact you. Interviews for each session begin around one month before the start of the session.
- Kids interested in volunteering at the library should stop by the Children's Reference Desk on the first floor or contact Miss Anne at email@example.com
- Teens interested in volunteering at the library should check out the TeenHQ Get Involved webpage or contact Miss Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, or if you have any questions about volunteering, contact Aubrey Watson at email@example.com or call (317) 885-5036.