Evergreen Card:

  • Evergreen Indiana library cards are issued to community members living within the Greenwood Public Library taxing district (click here to view a map of the GPL taxing district). 
  • Resident cards are good for two years.
  • Cards can be renewed by showing proof of residency.

Non-Resident Card:

  • The Greenwood Public Library offers non-resident cards for a fee to those living outside the Library's taxing district.  This card allows non-residents the same access to services that a Greenwood city resident has by paying an amount equal to what the average person pays in property taxes to GPL each year. 
  • A non-resident card is good for one year from the date of purchase, and can be renewed by paying the yearly fee. 
  • The fee for non-resident cards is re-evaluated annually. (2019 fee is $54)

reciprocal borrowing card:

  • Library card holders in good standing at the Johnson County Public Library or Edinburgh Public Library can receive a free reciprocal borrowing card.  
  • Reciprocal cards are good for one year.
  • Cards can be renewed by showing proof of residency.

Public Library Access Card:

  • Greenwood Public Library can issue Public Library Access Cards (PLAC) that enable cardholders to use any library in Indiana.  Individuals must be a resident of Indiana to purchase a PLAC card and be in good standing at their home library.  The statewide fee is set annually by state law and announced by the Indiana State Library. 
  • The current cost for a PLAC card is $65 and is good for one year from the date of purchase. 
  • PLAC is Indiana's statewide public library borrowing card which allows individuals to borrow directly from any public library outside their home library district.

Student/Teacher Card:

  • Students and teachers who live outside the Greenwood Public Library's taxing district but attend or are employed by a school that is located in GPL's taxing district may register for a library card. 
  • Students will need to show proof of enrollment in the form of a current school ID, report card for the current academic year, the student's current class schedule, etc.  School teachers who are employed at a school within GPL's library taxing district will need to present a current faculty ID, a recent check stub, current class schedule with their name listed, etc in order to register for a card. 
  • Student/teacher cards expire at the end of each academic year, but may be renewed the following year with proper proof of enrollment/employment.