- Each patron may check out a maximum of 100 items (within that maximum you are allowed up to 10 DVDs)
- Most items check out for 21 days, with the exception of DVDs and magazines which are 7 day loans
- Fines are 25¢ per item per day, up to a $10 maximum per item
- Patrons are blocked from checking out materials when their fines reach $10 or they have 15 overdue items
- Each patron may have a maximum of 20 unfulfilled holds
- A $10 per item processing fee will be charged for lost and damaged items in addition to the item replacement costs and any applicable collection fees
- The library will no longer issue refunds for lost items that have been paid for and later returned
- All items have a 1 day grace period before fines are assessed. After the grace period, each overdue item accrues the listed fine for each day it is late
- 60 days after an item's due date, it is handed over to a collection agency
My Account: During the card registration process, a temporary, computer generated pin number/password will be given. At the initial login, patrons will be prompted to reset their password. This will allow library users to manage their accounts online. This feature of the system provides access to the catalog in order to search for materials, place holds, renew items, and check the overall status of their account.
Renewing Materials: While a receipt listing the due dates will be provided at each checkout, patrons may also log onto their account and renew their materials one time per loaning period with the exception of ILL items, kid's kits and entertainment DVDs. Patrons can also renew in person or by phone by calling 317-881-1953. Patrons will need to provide their library card number when renewing by phone. An item may not renew because:
- The item is on hold for another borrower
- The item has already been renewed
- The account has expired or needs to be updated
- The account is blocked due to fines that exceed the fine threshold
Blocked Cards: Items that are returned after their designated due date will accrue a 25¢ fine per item per day. If the fines or fees total $10 or more, the account will be blocked and no renewals or checkouts can occur on the account until the fine threshold is reduced to below $10. Expired accounts are also blocked.
Payments can be made in person at the Patron Services desk, by debit/credit card over the phone, or by check via mail. Checks should be sent to the following address:
Greenwood Public Library
Attn: Patron Services
310 S. Meridian St.
Greenwood, IN 46143
Be sure to write the name of the account holder and the account number in the memo field.
Holds/Requests: Holds may be placed by phone 317-881-1953, by visiting the library, or from our online catalog. Please be aware that there are some limitations on placing holds.