What is TeenHQ?
TeenHQ is our Teen Services headquarters located at on the first floor of the Greenwood Public Library. TeenHQ is a place for teens in the community to feel safe and comfortable just hanging out, listening to music, studying, picking out a book, playing a game, watching a movie, or learning something new! No agenda, just fun! And, oh, yeah, there's FREE snacks everyday!
Who can come to TeenHQ?
TeenHQ and available activities are designed exclusively by and for teens, 11-18 years-old in grades 6-12. Our hours are designed to welcome both homeschool and public school students into the space.
Patrons of all ages may enter TeenHQ to retrieve materials for checkout, but the televisions, gaming equipment, and study spaces are reserved for teens in grades 6-12 only. We encourage you to visit another department for your computer and study space needs if you do not fall within this age group.
What can you do in TeenHQ?
- Design and create on our Lego, Lightbrite, or magnetic interactive boards
- Select an activity from our Boredom Cart
- Complete the weekly activity for a snack
- Explore STEM concepts with one of our maker kits
- Challenge a friend (or make a new one) to a tabletop game
- Test your skills in a video game tournament
- Sit back, relax, and watch a movie
Is TeenHQ supervised?
Our Teen Librarian is usually in TeenHQ for supervision, book recommendations, homework help, game playing, and general helpfulness. Though she is not always available, there are also security cameras in the room for further supervision. While in TeenHQ, teens are expected to follow library and room guidelines.