Kids Services Librarian, Full-Time
Greenwood Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and creative individual to join our dynamic, customer-focused team. In addition to having a passion for serving children and families, the successful candidate will have a love of reading as well as excellent interpersonal, communication, and computer skills. Being detail-oriented and a self-starter will help you fit right in to this fast-paced and lively department. Previous experience with programming and working with young children is highly desirable.
Are you a champion for reading and literacy? Do you find joy in planning and presenting engaging and dynamic children’s programs? Are you energized when working as a part of a team? You might be the next Greenwood Public Library Kids Librarian!
Title: Kids Services Librarian
Location: Greenwood Public Library
Hours: Full-Time (40 hrs/wk)
Schedule: Will include day, one evening/wk, and the occasional Saturday
Starting Hourly Rate: Starting at $19.00/hr (commensurate with experience) + benefits
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
A successful candidate will…
- Hold an MLS from an accredited school
- Have previous professional library experience working with children and adults face-to-face
- Have a knowledge of materials and trends in Children’s literature and services
- Have excellent communication
- Be able to navigate basic computer functions including Microsoft Word, Excel, and internet browsing
What does the job look like?
- Creates and hosts programming for birth-5th grades with emphasis on birth-35 months
- Creates and hosts family-focused programming in the Library’s Studio maker space
- Assists patrons with various library services including finding library materials, recommending titles, placing requests, and referring to other community resources
- Provides quick reference and in-depth assistance and research to patrons
- Provides assistance and instruction to patrons in using computers, GPL's website, downloadable services, databases, online catalog, printers, and other equipment
- Contributes to library promotions and social media efforts
- Creates and maintains displays and promotional materials as needed
- Records and reports statistics
How to apply:
Contact: Send letter of interest, resume, and three references to:
Linda Messick, Head of Kids Services
Greenwood Public Library
310 S. Meridian St., Greenwood, IN 46143
Deadline: Open until filled.