Adult Services Clerk, Part-time
Do you like to chat people up in line at the grocery store? Or get overly excited when you see someone reading in public and do that awkward lean to see if you can read the book cover? Have you gotten a rush helping a non-tech savvy family member set up an account on a streaming device? Do you feel a sense of pride when you're able to find the exact resource a friend needs? Well then, have you considered working at a public library?
Greenwood Public Library is looking for a friendly, patient, passionate individual to serve our diverse community as an Adult Services Clerk. If you posses a passion for people, a love of reading, have a flexible schedule, and good organizational skills, keep reading to see if this is just the job you're looking for!
Title: Adult Services Clerk
Location: Greenwood Public Library
Hours: Part-Time (20 hrs/wk)
Schedule: May vary, but will include day, evening, and every other Saturday hours
Starting Hourly Rate: $15.00
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
A successful candidate will…
- Hold an Associate or Bachelor degree
- Have previous experience working with customers face to face
- Be able to navigate basic computer functions including Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams, and internet browsing
What does the job look like?
- Assists patrons with various library services including finding library materials, recommending titles, placing requests, and referring to other community resources
- Works with librarians to provide quick reference and research assistance to patrons, referring certain subject-specific questions to Librarians assigned to those collections.
- Assists patrons with community space reservations
- Provides assistance and instruction to patrons in using computers, GPL's website, downloadable services, databases, online catalog, printers, and other equipment
- Assists in operations of the Library's makerspace, The Studio
- Troubleshoots a wide variety of technical issues with computers, mobile devices, and digital services
- Assists librarians with collection management activities including weeding, general maintenance as assigned, and shelving materials
- Creates and maintains displays and promotional materials as needed
- Records and reports statistics to tasks including reference assistance, use of materials, and study room usage
How to apply:
Please email a letter of interest, resume, and (3) references to:
Donna Ciriello | Head of Adult Services